Green and Gracious Builder Award, Star
As part of our continuous efforts to further improve our Environmental Performance, Lum Chang Building Contractors, as a policy, adopts the Building and Construction Authority's Green & Gracious Builder Award Criteria. These criteria supplement, and have been integrated into our existing Environmental Management System, so that it is practiced consistently organisation-wide.
Adopting the Building and Construction Authority's Green & Gracious Builder Award Criteria ensures sustainable environmental protection and in addition, gracious building practices have also been incorporated as a standard in our project management.
The Group’s green initiatives are also certified under internationally recognised schemes such as the Environmental Management System Certificate (ISO 14001), as well as the Quality Management System Certificate (ISO 9001).
In addition to our environmental policy, we are also committed to the following:
- Train and Promote Awareness among all staff on the Environmental Aspects related to our work.
- Use natural resources, especially energy and water efficiently.
- Reduce the quantity of waste to minimise air, water and land pollution.
- Prevent and prepare for any emergency that could impact the environment.
- Select Sub-Contractors and Suppliers who are Environmental Partners.
- Provide measures to ensure that access to our sites are clear and safe for all interested parties such as employees, vendors, neighbours or the public.
- Plan and execute our work activities always with the consideration of public safety.
- Prevent excessive noise and vibration arising from our work activities.
- Promote our Green and Gracious initiatives through communicating our policies and necessary information to all interested parties such as employees, vendors, neighbours or the public.
- Establish a Workforce Management System to provide welfare and career progression for employees.